- 11-22 мая
- Начинаем проект «Проблемы современности».
Текст для чтения «Зеленая лампа» А.Грин
- Использование предлогов:
Что такое пасха?
Пасха, (Воскресение Христово, Светлое Христово Воскресение) — древнейший и самый важный христианский праздник. Установлен в честь Воскресения Иисуса Христа, которое является центром всей библейской истории и основой всего христианского учения. Читать «Пасха» далее
We use much and little with uncountable nouns.
much time little energy
we use a lot of/lots of /plenty of with uncountable and plural(countable) nouns
a lot of luck lots of time plenty of money
a lot of friends lots of people plenty of ideas
We use much/many especially in negative and interrogative sentences.
We didn’t spend much money.
Do you know many people?
In positive sentences a lot (of) is more usual.
We spent a lot of money.
He goes out a lot.
Little and few (without ‘a’) are negative ideas.
We must beis little time.
He isn’thas few friends.
A little and a few are more positive.
We have got a little time before the train leaves.
Do you speak English? “A little ”
When did you see him? “A few days ago”.
1.Put in much or many
- 1.Did you buy many food?
- There aren’t many hotels in this town.
- We haven’t got much petrol.
- Were there many people on the train?
- Did many students fail the examination?
- She hasn’t got much money.
- I haven’t seen him for many years.
2.Fill in much/many/a lot of
- Sue drinks a lot of tea.
- We didn’t spend much money.
- We’ll have to haven’t got much time.
- He always puts a lot of salt on his food.
- I use the phone a lot at work.
- Did it cost a lot to repair the car?
- I don’t know a lot of people in this town.
3.Complete the sentences. Use much or many with one of these words.
books, countries, luggage, people, time, times
- I don’t read very much.I haven’t got many books.
- Quick! We must hurry. We haven’t got much time.
- Do you travel a lot? Have you been to many countries.
- She hasn’t lived here very long, so she doesn’t know many people.
- Have you got much luggage? No, only this bag.
- I know Paris very well. I’ve been there many times.
4.Put in little/a little/few/a few
- Do you mind if I ask you questions?
- This town is not a very interesting place to visit, so few tourists come here.
- I don’t think he would be a good has got little patience.
- Would you like milk in your coffee? Yes, please little.
- Have you ever been to Paris? Yes I have been there few times.
- There was a little traffic so the journey didn’t take very long.
5.Put in a little and a few + one of these words.
air, chairs, days, friends, letters, milk, times
- Last night I wrote few letters to my family and friends.
- Can I have a little milk in my coffee,please?
- Are you going out alone? No, I am going with a few friends.
- Have you ever been to Rome? Yes, a few times.
- There wasn’t much furniture in the room – just a table and a few chairs.
- I’m going out for a walk. I need a little fresh air.